Tuesday, April 30, 2013

It's Official!

For the past few days, I have been obsessively checking my e-mail account to see if AFS-France had decided to accept me or not. I was checking my e-mail multiple times an hour waiting for something, anything, from AFS. The lovely AFS-USA staff had told me that the acceptance to AFS-France was just a formality, so I didn't really worry.

I only started to worry when I saw other people from my AFS chapter getting accepted into their host countries, and I was just anxious to get any news!

I checked my e-mail, not expecting to find anything, as I had just looked a few moments ago, but there it was! My official acceptance into AFS-France had finally come!
The part that seems so surreal is that I can't talk in 'if's any more. I can't say "If I'm in France..." I now have to say "When I'm in France..." Just that slight word adjustment changes my outlook from indefinite to definite, which is phenomenal!

I was starting to think I'd have to abandon the blog because of the title!

No comments:

Post a Comment